5.03.2012

READ THE ****ING INSTRUCTIONS

SO, THE PACER POLES !

I have pretty much got these working (nearly).




I decided bigger ferrules would be a good idea for the holding up the Trailstar on softer ground.
Mind you, the one I now have on is a big snow monster, it might not make it to the start at Morar.
I may downsize.
I only have the larger one on one pole, the other one is normal size.

I also added a small sock (one of Harriet's old socks) and a bit of bubble wrap in it to use when the Pole is holding up the tarp.
I will NOT be walking with it on the handle. It is just there so I do not forget to take it.
I know the Trailstar is reinforced at the top, but Pacer handles are quite angular and pointy in places, so a bit of bubble wrap inside the sock should spread the load a bit (I hope).

I also added some physio tape and an army of elastic bands round the handle in case they jam up and I need a bit more grip to undo them.

Anyway, while I was doing that I found the original instructions.

And here I quote Pacer

'AFTER USE LEAVE THE SHAFTS DISMANTLED AND STORE IN A DRY PLACE'
Well, I never stored them dismantled, until now :)

It then goes on to state ........................................................................

'ONLY USE PLAIN WATER WHEN CLEANING PACER POLES.
DO NOT LUBRICATE INSIDE THE SHAFT SECTIONS OT THE PLASTIC LOCKING BOLTS'

FUCK!

So, there you go ............  READ the £***ing instructions !


I am now off to do some work and also the Gym, to build up my arm strength, lest I need to pull them apart when they jam again.
Maybe I should be taking the Leki's?
Hmmmm I'll ponder on that!




That will do for now, I have to go through my lists and work out what essential item is missing.

Don't I?


11 comments:

  1. The PacerPole locking mechanism is their BIG (only!) weakness IMO. I always clean mine after use and leave them dismantled in a warm, dry environment - but it makes no difference.
    On the other hand the Black Diamond flick-lock system is the dog's wotsits.
    Perhaps Mr & Mrs PacerPole could be persuaded to graft their excellent PacerPole handles onto Black Diamond poles.
    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Pacer poles with Black Diamond flick-locks would be a match made in Nirvana. Not sure about the socks though.

    Must get down to some serious list checking to make sure nothing
    vital, is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps Mr & Mrs PacerPole could be persuaded to graft their excellent PacerPole handles onto Black Diamond poles.

    Or just make them with the speed-lock system.
    Leki use it now as well.
    I guess I will have to go with them.
    As long as one of them locks to 120, I can live with that.
    But, I might just get the Leki's out and have a play though.
    Being paranoid.
    Anyway, the Leki's weigh less.

    Thinks !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a look at Martin's Postcard. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does nothing for me.

      If I really have got something missing (other than a screw loose),
      then someone better clue me in before I leave,
      because I cannot see what it is.
      IF it is.

      Delete
    2. In fact I am now beginning to get Paranoid.
      After that it will be schizophrenia.
      Then there are people out there who need to start to worry.

      You think I am joking?

      Delete
    3. One good WINDUP deserves another boys :)

      Delete
  5. Its food for thought Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooops, do you oil your brakes when they squeal too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, but I did forget to re-attach them the other day.
    Got a bit of a shock when I got to the end of the road.
    Shoes might need new soles now :)

    ReplyDelete